Charged With A Traffic Violation In Colorado Springs?
Many traffic violations in Colorado are criminal offenses. If you’ve been charged with a criminal traffic violation in Colorado, you need a criminal defense attorney to protect your rights, driving privileges and record. There is no sense getting a criminal record over a traffic violation when it can be avoided.
At The Foley Law Firm in Colorado Springs, we defend clients who have been charged with traffic violations across the Pikes Peak region of the state. Traffic violations our attorneys can defend you against include:
- Driving under suspension (suspended license)
- Driving under revocation
- Driving under restraint (DUR) — The actual charge for any type of suspension or revocation of your driver’s license, which also includes driving without a license and driving with an expired license
- Careless or reckless driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while ability impaired (DWAI) by alcohol or drugs
- Refusing a Breathalyzer test
- Drag racing
- Driving an unregistered vehicle or one with an expired registration
- Allowing an unlicensed person to drive your vehicle
- Failing to remain at the scene of an accident (hit and run)
- Eluding a police officer
- Vehicular assault
- Vehicular homicide
Many criminal traffic violation charges include the threat of mandatory jail time, fines of hundreds or thousands of dollars, license suspension or revocation, probation, and heavier penalties for habitual offenders (three major traffic violations within seven years in Colorado).
Do NOT plead guilty before consulting an experienced and results-oriented criminal defense attorney.
Legal Help However You Need It
We can help you whether you’ve accumulated too many points on your license, or if you’ve been arrested on charges involving bodily injury to another person, reckless driving or driving under restraint.
Maybe you were unaware that your license was suspended. Maybe you did act negligent in some respect. You still have defense options, and your rights need to be thoroughly protected. We challenge law enforcement, and the prosecution knows that we will not back down without a fair deal. If negotiations are not in your best interests, we will fight for you at trial.
In Colorado, there are numerous state and municipal laws that govern the operation of motor vehicles on our streets and highways. The Foley Law Firm will work tenaciously to protect your driving privileges while minimizing any penalties arising from a traffic stop.